Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Their Ignorance-My Bliss Creative Scrappers Sketch Challenge 309



I wanted to document this strange Tuesday evening, when my family put on this meal for me as a surprise on just any old week night including Mexican streamers on the front door for when i returned from work. 

(I cut the streamers from a photo of the door to make the embellishment on the top yellow circle.)

What they didn't know is that i had just had a call from the Breast Cancer Screening Team whilst at work saying they wanted to investigate further some changes in my Breast tissue since my last mammogram. As I am in the high risk category for Breast Cancer because of my family history i immediately assumed my life was about to change dramatically, I became quite frankly hysterical and left work. 
This sight is what greeted me, along with , "Oh you're home a bit early we're not quite ready yet"

 I said i'd take a shower to give them the few minutes extra they needed and composed myself to enjoy the Tex Mex Treat they had prepared for me.

My joy at the love of my family was overwhelming, I confided the news to my husband that evening and we made peace with inevitable cancer diagnosis

I was astonished (and delighted) when (thank God) 4 days later after further scans I was declared Breast Cancer free.

I decided to play along with Creative Scrappers sketch challenge 309
using this sketch

1 comment:

  1. This is such a fun and beautiful layout! Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Scrappers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment I love to hear from you it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy :)